R.A. “MICKEY” DEISON
Mr. Deison is with the law firm Baggett, Gordon and Deison. He came to Conroe from Austin in 1948 when his father accepted the pastorship of the First Presbyterian Church of Conroe. After graduating from Austin High School, he furthered his education at Austin College, the University of Texas and Sam Houston State University and attained his law degree from South Texas College of Law. He served his country in the U.S. Navy from 1951 – 1954.
“Mickey” has two daughters, Dana Porter and Taylor Deison, and one son, Michael. He is a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Conroe.
He was elected to the office of Montgomery County Judge in 1978. While serving as county judge, he initiated and started the Emergency Assistance Agency for the county for the purpose of short-term help for family emergencies. He implemented visits with the County Judges of Liberty and Walker Counties, which resulted in the formation of Tri-County MHMR. Interest in the county’s history and heritage is reflected in his reestablishment of Courthouse history by finding and restoring old pictures that still hang in the courthouse today. A member of the Montgomery County Historical Commission remembers him as a friend and supporter of that group, giving them a room in the old hospital for their activities of preserving the history of the county. In 1954 he joined the Conroe Kiwanis Club and helped build the Kiwanis Shelter, operated by the club until 1980. He is an active supporter of the Chamber and now serves n the Board of Directors.
- Member, Conroe Noon Kiwanis Club (1954 – present)
- Founder, Buckner Family Home (Now Montgomery County Youth Services)
- CO-Founder, Montgomery County Emergency Assistance Agency
- President, Houston-Galveston Area Council (1980/1981)
- Lifetime Member, Montgomery County Fair Association (1979)
- Vice-President, Montgomery County Fair Association (1978 – 1980)
- Life Member, Greater Conroe/Lake Conroe Area Chamber of Commerce
- Mayor of Conroe 1971 – 1974
- President, Universal Land Title
- Director, Allied Conroe Bank
- Partner, Baggett, Gordon & Deison
- Member, Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity
- President, Montgomery County Bar Association (1977)
- County Judge, Montgomery County (1977 – 1982)
- CO-Vice Chairman, Governor’s County Official Advisory Committee (1982)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Recognized as Lifetime Vice-President of Montgomery County Fair Association
- Appointed George F. Hixon Fellow – Kiwanis International
- Commissioned a True Texian by Governor Clements (1982)