CHAIRMAN 1990 AND 1993
Mr. Hail was Vice President of LCTX, Lufkin-Conroe Telephone Exchange, and is now retired. He is a native of Crockett, Texas and a graduate of Sam Houston State University. Numsen came to Conroe in 1973 with LCTX.
He and his wife Fran between them have one daughter, Robbie, and two sons, Numsen, Jr. and Charlie.
Numsen served two terms as Chairman. At that time, the nation was experiencing and an economic slump and the Chamber was in a membership and budget decline. He was instrumental in getting the chamber back on its feet. As a tireless worker on the ½ cent sales tax issue for the City, he was instrumental in getting the bond issue passed. He was one of three who started discussions with Dr. Ariola and continuing with Dr. Perryman, to bring North Harris County College to Montgomery County. These beginning discussions culminated in what is now Montgomery College, a source of pride for the community.
- Lifetime Member, Conroe Noon Lions Club
- Lifetime Member, Montgomery County Fair Association (1982)
- Board of Directors, Montgomery County Fair Association (1985)
- Advisory Committee, Montgomery County Fair Association (1986-1998)
- Screening Committee, Montgomery College President
- President, FM 3083 Corporation
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Three time recipient of the Chamber’s Key Man Award under Presidents John Burge, Raymond Walston, and Jay Dreibelbis
- Small Business Advocacy Award, (1992)