GEORGE B. DARDEN
Mr. Darden was with the law firm of Darden-Fowler and Creighton, Attorneys. He was a Montgomery County native, born in Willis. He was a graduate of Conroe High School and Baylor Law School. Upon graduation he opened a law office in Conroe. In January 1928, he was appointed County Attorney of Chambers County and served without opposition for six years. He returned to Conroe, opened the law office and built the Darden Building in 1947.
George and his wife Barbara had one daughter, Cherrie (Mrs. Dennis Watson) and one son, Ellington Lamar Darden. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Conroe.
He served as Vice President of the Chamber in 1941/1942. He was Chairman of the Executive Committee set up by Chamber President, A. E. Hickerson, to handle matters of industrial and national defense. He incorporated the present towns of Splendora, Chateau Woods, Woodbranch, Stagecoach, Patton Village, Panorama and Shenandoah.
- Charter Member, Conroe Noon Lions Club
- President, Conroe Noon Lions (1941/1942)
- Montgomery County at Large School Trustee, Montgomery County School Board
- Advancement Committee Montgomery County District, Boy Scouts of America
- Member, Shrine Temple
- Director, First State Bank, Willis
- Director/Counsel, Conroe National Bank
- City Attorney, Conroe, Willis, Panorama Village, Splendora, Stagecoach, Woodbranch, Shenandoah