Communications / Marketing
Good communication is the key to telling our story and to providing timely information that can help our members more efficiently and profitably run their businesses. In order to effectively communicate our programs, projects, events, and services, we must implement a meaningful communications, marketing, and public relations plan and look for ways to enhance our current communications initiatives.
Objective 1:Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan that will be executed to our members and our secondary audience including the media, governmental elected and appointed officials, and the general public.
- Develop and implement a written plan that can be shared with directors and stakeholders.
- The plan should include diverse vehicles for communications, awareness, and marketing including, but not be limited to:
- Weekly E-mail blasts of important information featuring opt-in opportunities for members to receive targeted email content;
- Mobile App (MyChamberApp);
- Business Directory and Resource Guide;
- Annual Report of the Chamber of Commerce;
- Membership Marketing and Sponsorship Opportunities Guide;
Publications; and, Press Releases
Objective 2: Develop, maintain, and market a meaningful, user-friendly website(s).
- Continually monitor and enhance conroe.org
- Sell banner ads on website for non-dues revenue
- Marketing effort to drive members and public to website
- Market our website(s) in all our publications and marketing materials.
Objective 3: Focus on stories and articles that are of interest to our members and our secondary audiences.
- Highlight member businesses on a weekly basis
- Utilize member testimonials about how the chamber has impacted their business
- Spotlight an ambassador / volunteer of the month
- Articles on various facets of the strategic plan’s areas of focus and our efforts and successes
Objective 4: Develop an excellent working relationship with area media to establish a “go to” or “top of mind” status for interviews and information on all business related issues.
- Maintain regular communications with appropriate members of the media.
- Enhance the appearance and oversight of our media advisories and news releases.
- Establish a regular presence on all available media outlets.
- File electronic and hard copies of all printed and electronic media articles regarding the Conroe/Lake Conroe Chamber of Commerce.
Objective 5: Develop and conduct a program to educate our members and the general public about all aspects of business and entrepreneurial development.
- Host a forum in collaboration with our partners to educate the stakeholders on relevant issues.
- Create a speakers’ bureau to deliver presentations to civic clubs and other pertinent organizations.
- Develop educational material for publication in chamber publications, website, and in other community publications.