DEANE L. SADLER, MD
February 26, 2009
Dr. Deane L. Sadler with a bold vision, a keen business sense, and an optimistic outlook, changed forever the delivery of medical care in Montgomery County.
He was born February 3, 1920, in Little Rock, Arkansas. Graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1943 with his Medical Doctorate. In 1944, he completed his Family Practice Internship at the University of Arkansas before he entered the United States Army. He proudly served his country during World War II, as a Captain in MASH units in France, Belgium, and Germany. In 1946, after leaving the armed forces, Dr. Sadler settled in Conroe where he joined the Falve-Holland Medical Clinic, before venturing out into private practice from 1951 to 1958. Dr. Deane Sadler, with Dr. Walter Wilkerson and Dr. Irving Watson, founded Sadler Clinic in 1958. Dr. Sadler was a leader in the early stages of the Montgomery County Medical Society and the Texas Medical Association.
Deana Sadler had a vision of building a multi-specialty medical clinic attached to a hospital as early as 1960. He began to use all of his business acumen to convince investors of the viability of such a project. With a population of Montgomery County hovering around 25,000 to 30,000 people, there were not any takers. He was not deterred. While he never gave up on building a hospital, he moved forward with the construction of a medical clinic building for eight doctors on land located across Highway 105 from Conroe High School that was opened in 1969. Finally, in 1974, the vision was realized with the addition of Doctors Hospital.
It was Dr. Sadler’s vision to make the best medical care available to all and that dream became a reality. From one location to eleven, from three physicians to over 100, from Family Medicine to Internal Medicine, 30 different specialties, and a staff of more than 700 health care professionals, Sadler Clinic will forever serve the medical needs of the citizens of Montgomery County for many generations to come thanks to the vision and determination of this great doctor.
He served seventeen years on the Conroe Independent School District’s Board of Trustees, and held a two-year term as President of that board. The CISD Board honored Dr. Sadler by naming the CISD Administration and Technology building after him. Dr. Sadler was also a long-term board member of Woodforest National Bank.
Back to Wall of Honor Page